Hadrian’s Wall Live: Daytime Event
@ Birdoswald Roman Fort – Hadrian’s WallBook Now
03 September 2016 - 04 September 2016
11am - 5pm
£6.60 - £11, £28.60 family, discount for English Heritage Members
Hadrian’s Wall Live is coming to Birdoswald Roman Fort this September. Don’t miss your chance to see Roman history brought to life on the epic World Heritage Site – Hadrian’s Wall.
The spectacle will consist of:
- A large scale Roman battle when the Roman army will take on Barbarians;
- A beautiful collection of hawks including Gyr, Saker, Peregrine and the most important Roman symbol; the Eagle;
- Gladiator shows with two re-enactors in combat at regular times throughout the day;
- Kids’ sword drills;
- Kids’ Chariot Racing;
- Theatre: ‘After the Eagles’ by Time Will Tell Theatre
Three intertwining stories; a Roman merchants widow, keen to keep her husband’s business going in Britain, her slave, a former Romano-British noblewoman and a returning soldier. Some want the end of the Roman Empire, for others its continuation – find out which as the characters’ secrets are revealed;
- Arts & Crafts;
- The touring Mansio, a travelling, specially designed, venue where commissioned pieces of work by leading contemporary poets and authors will be shared with the public. Find out more.
Please note: A ticket to this event grants you free entry to Birdoswald’s evening event ‘Barbarians Night Attack’ on Sat 3 Sept (8.30pm-10pm).
Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall
whatsonnortheast.com17:23, 22 FebMAGICTIMES AHEAD AS FESTIVAL RETURNS TO SOUTH TYNESIDE - SOME of the world’s leading magicians are heading to South… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…