Durham County Council Pools
Swimming is a great way for people of all ages and abilities to have fun, relax, compete, get fit, stay active and feel great. Being able to swim can help save lives and can give you the confidence to enjoy other water-based activities.
We provide a wide range of activities across nine swimming pools, including:
- learn to swim
- adults learn to swim
- new swimming membership
- general and family swimming sessions
- Aqua Class Timetable (PDF, 1Mb)
- slide, wave and splash sessions at our pool at Spennymoor Leisure Centre
- Splashability – swimming sessions for children and young people with disabilities
- Dementia friendly swimming at Freeman’s Quay, Chester-le-Street, Spennymoor and Teesdale leisure centres.
- Sink 2 Swim 12 week challenge – an ideal introduction to swimming and a meaningful challenge in its own right: Sink 2 Swim Fitness Challenge (PDF, 2Mb)
For information on our new swimming membership check out our Swimming Membership Leaflet 2017 (PDF, 1Mb)
We are also the home of several swimming and aquatic clubs across the county. Five leisure centres have 25 metre pools and a learner pool, and Spennymoor is a leisure pool with a wave machine and water slide.
whatsonnortheast.com17:25, 23 FebANOTHER SUMMER OF PRIDE- ONE of the UK’s leading LGBT festivals will return to Newcastle this summer, thanks to fes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…