Winston Village Hall
Winston is a small village conveniently situated just off the A67 between Barnard Castle and Darlington. The village sits high on the ridge above the river Tees and its most notable landmarks are the 13th Century Parish Church and Winston Bridge which was built in 1763. With a 100+ foot span the bridge was at one time the longest single span bridge in England and became famous when a Spitfire flew underneath it for a TV series in the 1980s.
The Village Hall was purpose built in 1954 as a memorial hall that was funded by local people. The building has recently been extensively refurbished and modernised and its size and layout make it an ideal venue for private and public events and functions. The hall has been awarded Hallmark 3, the highest quality standard for Village Halls.
The hall is available for hire for community activities in either the main hall or the smaller supper/meeting room or in both. It has a stage for productions, plays and concerts in addition to the usual social, recreational and committee meeting activities. The refurbished separate kitchen is available to all hirers free of charge.
Regular activities at the hall include Staindrop and District Young Farmers Club, Lunch Club, Tea and Chat, Gentle Exercise Class and Art Class.
Awarded Hallmark level 3 status
Rooms: Main hall 12.5 metres x 7 metres; supper/meeting room 3.5 metres x 7 metres; kitchen (with serving hatch)
Heating: Available throughout the hall as required
Maximum capacity: 120
Facilities: The main hall has a stage with lighting suitable for stage productions. The stage is accessed from the supper/meeting room. All toilet and kitchen facilities have been refurbished to a high standard and the kitchen has a fridge, cooker and microwave.
Equipment: The hall has a good supply of recently purchased chairs and lightweight tables and there is ample crockery and cutlery in the kitchen. There is also a hostess trolley available to hirers.
Parking: There is no designated car park attached to the building but extensive roadside parking is available in the village.
Access: The hall is single storey and all on one level. There is wheelchair access through all doors and there are toilet facilities for the disabled.